12.27.2007

Lessons Learned

So I went with my wonderful friend Jen to a wedding, I asked the bride if she minded that I take photos during the ceremony. she was fine with it. I don't know what I was thinking I don't recommend this approach. why?

.....................................................................................

1. The hired photographer had basically the same equipment as me just more of it. So I turned into one of "those-amateur-friend" at the wedding people. Well at least i felt that way. it made me a little sickly, i don't know why.

2. upon feeling that way I basically hid while i took shots, not very conducive for creativity. I'll have to post a "hiding shot" later..its so obvious I was near the floor crouching between chairs.

3. It took away some quality relaxing time with one of my favorite people that I don't get to see very often. Jen.I'm kinda sad about that.

so for those reasons this approach, the - "I'm a guest, but trying to get some photography practice" I do not recommend. I'm sure someone could have told me that.
But the best lessons are always the ones you learn yourself, the hard way. anyway I did get a few nice shots that I liked. so this coming weekend hopefully because
I am an "official" second shooter, not a wanna-be; I feel more confident. wish me luck!



SaraChad003

SaraChad004

SaraChad002

SaraChad010


SaraChad022

SaraChad043

SaraChad047

No comments: